Date:      Mon, 8 Dec 1997 15:10:05 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [hackers:] Architectural advice needed

> >> Actually, that list hasn't been used for over a year and should
> >> probably be retired.  I don't think it ever fulfilled its purpose.
> >
> >That's because no-one ever talks about architecture stuff anymore, and
> >just 'implements' nowadays.  I think it *could* fulfill its purpose if
> >it was actually promoted/used.  I would have used it in the past if I
> >thought it would be monitored, although it wasn't.  Could we consider it
> >'back in use' for questions such as Julians?
>
>    That's silly. Of course we talk about architectural issues. It's just that
> these days it's easier for me and others to pick up the phone and call the
> interested parties or send directed email than it is to send to lists full
> of indifferent people.

I'm not indifferent to these things, but I've never been involved in any
sort of discussions.  Getting more than two or three people interested
in a discussion is difficult at best, and it mainly involves certain
parties who talk on the phone, and leaves others out of the loop.

Also, some interested parties aren't able to talk on the phone for one
reason or the other....

Nate