Date:      Thu, 4 Jul 2002 15:03:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Roberto Armenteros <rarmente@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sharing my internet connection with freebsd

I am about to get the optimun online service. I am
planning to build a bastion firewall in freebsd to
separate my internal network with the outside network.
Since freebsd will be directly connected with the
cable line "since it will be the firewall" I need to
set it up so it will share the connection with the
rest of my pcs through a switch. How do I set it up to
share the internet connection "this box has two nic
cards, one directly connected to the cable line and
the other one to my internal pcs." Will I need to use
this freebsd firewall as a gateway to the rest of the
pcs and is this the right thing to do?  I would really
appreciate your help guys since I've never done
anything like this.

Thanks a lot, Roberto