Date:      Fri, 14 May 1999 09:32:21 -0500
From:      "Ray Seals" <rayseals@midwestis.com>
To:        "Freebsd-Advocacy" <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   The State of Illinois Vs. FreeBSD - One guy's tale.

I wanted to get custom plates for my car.  I found that FreeBSD was not
taken so I sent my check into the Sec. of State.  I received a call from
them this morning asking what did "FreeBSD" mean.  I explained that it dealt
with computers (older lady).  They told me that they were rejecting my
request.  They then explained that they were rejecting it because "FreeBSD"
could be thought to mean "Free Base".

Bummed.

Ray

PS.  Know where I can get some bumper stickers???????