Date:      Tue, 18 Aug 2015 13:31:47 +0100
From:      Andrew Smith <iamasmith.home@gmail.com>
To:        ruby@freebsd.org, freebsd-ruby@freebsd.org
Subject:   Possible update of the JRuby port?

I received a notification recently that JRuby=E2=80=99s jnr-ffi =
implementation finally had updates that would work with the libc.so =
script present in FreeBSD 10.x.

I can verify that using things like UNIX Domain Socket=E2=80=99s as DRb =
endpoints now works without performing ugly kludges i.e. creating =
symlinks of libc.so and using LD_LIBRARY_PATH to coax JRuby to find that =
ahead of the script.

I tested this today with OpenJDK 7 on FreeBSD 10.1 building the stock =
JRuby 1.7.21 tag.

Is anybody maintaining this port it=E2=80=99s quite a few revisions old =
now? If so but you are stuck for time I could have a go at adapting the =
port to bring it up to 1.7.21 although I think a lot of the distribution =
files have changed and it might take a little time to sort out.

-Andy