Date:      Sun, 15 May 2005 07:00:41 -0700
From:      Steven Hillis <evultrole@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   re: jumping to kernel entry - 5.4

Had the same problem on my Ultra 10.

While this isn't really a fix for the problem, it will probably get you the=
re...

5.3 installs without any trouble, so if you just do a source upgrade
from there you'll probably be ok... just takes awhile

I didn't try the generic kernel config, but my custom kernel ran more
or less just fine

Along the lines of kernel upgrades, any word on why the new uart
driver makes the system ignore 7/8 of my keystrokes on my RS232
keyboard? I've seen a couple other people mention it, but haven't seen
any word as to why yet...

I tried switching back to the sab driver with 5.4 hoping to fix that,
but the compile errors out without device uart enabled... and
finishing the source upgrade when the keyboard only registers a
keystroke after you push the thing 5-10 times is a bit of a pain in
the index finger...