Date:      Wed, 10 May 1995 14:58:04 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@trout.sri.MT.net>
To:        terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert), dkelly@nebula.tbe.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: I miss 'cb'

> Typical modern usage is GNU "indent", which can be programmed for style
> on comments, indentation, fuction argument formal declation, placement
> of squiggly brackets on "if" and "while" and "for", spcaes before or
> after parenthesis, etc., etc.

GNU "indent" is almost 100% based on BSD indent which was donated by
Sun. The only features I've found in GNU indent not supported in BSD
indent is the ability to tell indent to 'never' use tabs.  (Which I
absolutely *hate*)

That would be a good project for someone. :-)

Nate
> I believe that there was even a KNF template being passed around for it
> on the old mailing lists.

4.4Lite has a indent template and style guide which works pretty well.

Nate