Date:      Mon, 07 Jun 1999 11:36:14 -0700
From:      Joe Bissot <jblist@pcinternet.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Cistron Radius

Is there any way to make Cistron RADIUS case insensitive when checking the
user name? Also can Cistron be tied to a Microsoft SQL server via ODBC?
What is the best source for Cistron information? And finally what RADIUS
server that runs under FreeBSD do you prefer? and why?

I have been running RADIUS using Radius-NT and have had enough. I've moved
the backup to Cistron on FreeBSD and will probably move the primary in the
next couple of days. Our user database is on a Microsoft SQL server so I
would like to have Cistron (or whatever RADIUS server runs well on FreeBSD)
query the SQL for user names and passwords instead of running a flat file
or making a second database. But if the SQL is unavailable I need it to
revert to a flat file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.