Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:57:02 -0500
From:      "Jeffrey P.Bogert" <jbogert@mitre.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Handbook

Gentlemen:
I congradulate you on a very conplete and detailed Handbook.
I am new to FreeBSD, but do have prior Linux and Solaris experience.
I am in the process of getting FreeBSD up on one of my home computers.

I noted the following two problems in Chapter 2 of the PDF version that
I would like to bring to your attention:
(I tried the html version first but the ScreenShots overwrite some of
the text)

1)  on page 34 in the fifth para it has the following  :
"Slice numbers follow the device name, prefixed with an s, starting at
1. So =93da0s1=94 is the first slice on the first SCSI
drive. There can only be four physical slices on a disk, but you can
have logical slices inside physical slices of the
appropriate type. These extended slices are numbered starting at 5, so
=93ad0s5=94 is the first extended slice on a disk.
These devices are used by file systems that expect to occupy a slice."

I believe that to keep the same drive and refer to an extended slice on
that drive, you mean to have da0s5 in the last sentence instead of
ad0s5.

2)  on page 53 in the section "Netmask"
the Class C block should be 192.168.0.0-192.168.0.255 instead of
192.168.0.0-192.168.255.255

Very truly yours
Jeff Bogert