Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:05:15 +0200
From:      Guido van Rooij <guido@gvr.org>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   intel asp 2150

I cannot seem to install FBSD on this system. I flashed to bios
version 14.3 (latest from Intel). But no matter what I try,
install cdrom will boot after loading the kernel and
printing the copyright notice like this:
Copyright (c) 1992-2004 The FreeBSD Project.
Copyright (c) 1979, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994
        The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
FreeBSD 5.3-BETA7 #0: Sat Oct  2 21:01:00 UTC 2004
    root@wv1u.samsco.home:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled

It happens with FBSD 4.8, 5.2, 5.3-beta7 (with and without acpi).

When running a W2K install cd, things go fine...

I tried a lot of different BIOS settings, but nothing seems to help.

If there is anyone succesfully running FBSD on such a system, could he
please mail me the kernel config, the BIOS settings and whatever
was necessary to get it to run?

-Guido