Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 13:48:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      placej@ctcdist.com
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   misc/7884: sysinstall fails to release CD-ROM

>Number:         7884
>Category:       misc
>Synopsis:       sysinstall fails to release CD-ROM
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.2.7-RELEASE i386
>Environment:
IDE CD-ROM

After exiting sysinstall it is leaving the ROM mounted to /dist so that
nothing else can connect to it (not even sysinstall). This is happening on two
machines that developed this problem when I started running 2.2.7. It is only
an annoyance not a serious problem.

>How-To-Repeat:
As root run sysinstall go to the package install option and pick CD-ROM for
the source. Next back out of it by selecting install and confirming that there
were no packages added. Exit sysinstall. Now go back in to sysinstall and try
to install a package and when you select CD-ROM as the source you will get an
error that no ROM can be found.

>Fix:
Work around: as root type "umount /dist"
I could not find the source for the /stand execs so I haven't looked at it any
further.