Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 2000 09:21:54 +0100
From:      David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Guy Gustavson <bigfoot@stomped.com>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bin/21253: dump/restore fail on any stream (tape/pipe/file) over 4GB

> I tried that, I get different message, but it means about the same...

> Changing volumes on pipe input?
> abort? [yn] n
> Changing volumes on pipe input?
> abort? [yn] y
> dump core? [yn] y
> Abort

I think this can happen if the filesystem changes in a certain way
while being dumped - we think what happens is that the last inode
it was expecting to backup is removed while the backup is in
progress.

We have some patches to improve the situation with the bad error
handling too, but I haven't committed them just yet.

	David.