Date:      Sat, 31 Aug 1996 21:55:38 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      John Plate <plate@infotek.dk>
To:        dougw@challenge.com (Doug Woodward)
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Batched SMTP Mail

Doug Woodward:

> Has anyone ever been able to get smail 3.1.29.1 to do batched SMTP mail,
> the way it will handle UUCP.
>
> The ideal situation would be to set it up exactly the same way.
> Place all incoming mail for a domain into a directory.
>
> Upon connection by the remote smtp mail server (dial-up) the system
> uploads all mail waiting the domain's directory to it and processes any
> incoming mail out onto the "net" received from the system.

If your intention is to batch mail for UUCP, you should take a
look at the UUBATCH system available on the Net. I've decided to
maintain ports of UUBATCH to other types of UUCP than HDB, but my
time is short these days :-(

Mail me for further details if you are interested in UUBATCH.
--
John Plate <plate@infotek.dk>