Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 12:58:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
To:        "James D. Butt 'J.D'" <jbutt@mwci.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Serial Console does it work?? (Plea for help)

On Mon, 10 May 1999, James D. Butt 'J.D' wrote:

> I have spent quite a while looking at this serial console issue..

  I saw your old e-mail.  It seems that your configuring the serial
console the very old way.  You don't need to recompile either the kernel
or the boot blocks, as both support it by default now.  You basically just
need to put the correct flags into /boot.config and start a getty and you
are done.

Tom