Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:12:08 -0800
From:      "Cameron S. Watters" <cameron@toolhouse.com>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPSec (IKE negotiation)

Hello all,

NOTE: I don't subscribe, so please copy me in directly to any response.

I'm trying to setup an IPSec using FreeBSD on my end. I'm having trouble,
however, getting it to use the correct local IP address to originate the
IKE negotiation from my end. The address that I'd like to be used is an
alias of my external interface, however racoon seems to insist upon using
the primary address assigned to the NIC. Adding a NIC is not an option. Is
there any way to force racoon to use the correct external address?

My second question would be: If the answer to the above is "no", then
would using isakmpd instead of racoon help me solve this problem?

--cam