Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 1997 23:21:33 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        bugs@freebsd.org, jkh@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.2-GAMMA install comments

Hi,

I tried to install 2.2-GAMMA today, and have noticed the following
"features" of the install program:

1) if some distribution is selected but missing (e.g. I chose
    "X-developer" but did not have "proflibs" and "info" on my disk),
    then X is not installed. The install program correctly informs me
    that "proflibs" and "info" are missing, and also installs the
    various "src" distributions, so I guess the problem is detecting
    the failure and stopping before trying to install X

2) in the "Adduser" form, the "Login Id" entry is a bit too small
   (5-6 chars instead of 8 ?) -- Also, if the adduser fails because of
   some problem (e.g. a non-existing group), the content of the form
   is not preserved and one has to reenter everything from scratch.

	Cheers
	Luigi