Date:      Tue, 05 Nov 2002 18:46:49 -0500
From:      Daniel Suh <daniel.suh@sympatico.ca>
To:        freebsd-newbies <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD installation problem

Naydoe Maung wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 November 2002 08:11 am, Ding Lei wrote:
>
>>Hi Daniel,
>>Thanks for your answer, but What files do I need to download before
>>start the installation program, I mean the whole thing, not only two
>>floppy image, since it can't connect to the internet itself currently.
>>
>>Thanks again.
>>
>>lei
>>

> Try the mirrored ftp sites.  You'll have to bear some time if you have a slow
> connection, but they work fine.  Here's the link to the ftp sites for the
> FreeBSD latest release:
> http://www.freebsdmirrors.org/FBSDsites.php3?showmirrordomains=do
>
> Try ISOs since they take care of some minor problems.  You'll just need ISO
> Disc 1 for installation.  The rest of the iso-discs are ports and other
> stuff.  Burn the iso on a window box or anything, and it should be bootable
> without any tweaking.  =)

Hi, Ding.

Again, you should REALLY read handbook first. It lists all the http or
ftp servers available, or use the link Naydoe gave you. Find the nearest
server from you, because they are usually faster than others. (not true
in here Canada. :-) ) As Naydoe said, download disc1 ISO image and burn it.