Date:      Mon, 17 Aug 1998 10:30:48 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        wjw@hobby.digiware.nl (Willem Jan Withagen)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Getting a new syscall to work

Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
> I've followed most all of the receipe which was given by Eric A. Davis
> to add a systemcall. But now I'm all out of idea's:
>
> /usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "___nsysctl" called from testnsysctl:/usr/lib/libc.so.3.2 at 0x200857d8
> (I bumped the minor number.)
>
> I've looked in the running kernel with nm:
> f0124c4c T ___nsysctl
> f01241a0 F nsysctl.o
>
> So as far I know, things should be working.
> But they don't, so can somebody give me a new pointer

Is this -current or -something else? If it is -current, then something
is broken because your new libc should be installed in /usr/lib/aout.

If it is not a -current system, you need to add the syscall to
src/lib/libc/sys/Makefile.inc, then do a cleandir before rebuilding
and installing libc. Ensure that your syscall appears in the installed
syscall.h before building libc.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137