Date:      Wed, 21 Oct 1998 01:00:10 PDT
From:      "N. N.M" <madrapour@hotmail.com>
To:        mjenkins@carp.gbr.epa.gov
Cc:        andrew@squiz.co.nz, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Again logging!

Hi,

>Make sure you only have TAB characters between the *.* and the log
filename.

I'm sure about it. You know, all of these discussions on TABS and SPACES
in this mailing list, started when I had some problems with my
syslogd.conf (you see, I've had some problems with logging for a long
time!!!) and sent a mail there. Then someone kindly noticed me about the
difference between spaces and tabs!

>Can you "logger -p lpr.info message" and get a message in
/var/log/messages?
>(Just verifying that syslogd is working.)

Yes, it works. I also used the syslogd with switch -d (debug mode), as
it (syslogd -d) works, it mentions whenever it logs something, it
doesn't log anything realted to TELNET or FTP to "inetd.log" (the files
is supposed to log the inetd-related matters).

Thanks,
Nazila N.