Date:      Tue, 11 Sep 2001 12:58:12 +0200
From:      Daniel Lang <dl@leo.org>
To:        "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
Cc:        hubs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Looking for a complete tier-1 mirror in Europe/TEN-155

Hi,

Jose M. Alcaide wrote on Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 12:01:30PM +0200:
[..]
> I run the ftp3.es.freebsd.org mirror. Currently it is a tier-1 mirror, but
> I think that if I could find a tier-1 mirror in Europe, with good
> connectivity to the TEN-155 European research network, then I would change
> ftp3.es to a tier-2 mirror. I am looking for a *complete* FreeBSD mirror
> (including port distfiles), frequently updated from ftp-master.
Try ftp.leo.org aka ftp4.de.freebsd.org
we have an excellent TEN-155 connection.

It's sort of complete. The 4.4-rc4 packages are not
completed yet, but I hope this will be the case soon.
distfiles should be up to date.

We update daily from ftp-master. I just recently changed vom
rsync to cvsup. Once the packages are completed I may switch
to a more frequent mirroring.

You may access FreeBSD via FTP or rsync.

Just ask, if you have any questions.

Best regards,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock                      - May His Shadow fall upon thee -
*Daniel Lang * dl@leo.org * +49 89 289 25735 * http://www.leo.org/~dl/*