Date:      Tue, 09 Jan 2001 10:04:53 -0800
From:      David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
To:        Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: any Linux distros which are not Open Source?

Konrad Heuer wrote:

> For example, as far as I know, you
> won't be able the get source code of yast or yast2, the SuSE Linux
> administration tool. And what's about Corel Linux? Will they put all their
> special work to open source? I don' believe so. What I know is that Debian
> Linux is the only one which is open source completely.

Not really. If you don't count third-party end user applications as part
of the operating system (I sure don't), then most Linux distros are 100%
open source. I'm most familiar with Slackware, and it certainly is. The
only thing in it that isn't open source is Netscape and xv (and
OpenMotif which is in contribs). Funny thing, Debian also has those.
They may separate them out into a "non-free" directory, but they still
get shipped on the CDs.

David