Date:      Mon, 31 Aug 1998 21:50:50 -0500
From:      "george" <george@columbus-ks.com>
To:        <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   If it will install, I will come

I tried to install FreeBSD on an HP Pavilion 3266.  This is a 233Mhz/32Mb
system with a 2.1Gb HD.  I download to floppies.  Everything went well with
the boot disk image until I reached the point of using the other floppies.
It copied the first file, then asked me to insert the disk with UNIX-SLASH
filename.  The file it wanted was on the floppy in DOS-SLASH filename.
Install found and installed the first file from said floppy, then lost
itself.  I tried repeatedly.  I downloaded again!  Same story.

I would be using FreeBSD now if I could install a free copy.  I won't be
using FreeBSD only because I can't.  Any help would be appreciated.  I've
read wonderful things about FreeBSD.  I hate Windows95.  It locks up, and I
can not afford a Visual C++.