Date:      Sun, 2 Mar 1997 00:03:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, Brian Tao <taob@risc.org>, "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>, FREEBSD-CHAT-L <freebsd-chat@FREEBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: RSA 56-bit key challenge

On Sat, 1 Mar 1997, Eric J. Schwertfeger wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Mar 1997, Amancio Hasty wrote:
>
> > Again, anyone out there with a  fast PPRO with fast EDO (60 ns or better)... ??
>
> Well, a P150 overclocked to 166 with 60ns EDO benchmarked at 285K/sec, if
> that's any help.

You guys have been discussing overclocking ... I have a p6/166, would it
be reasonably safe for me to experiment with overclocking this guy to 200?
I got this system from parts I got from here and there, with special
attention to fans (it's loud but cool).  I have 3 chassis fans in the box,
along with the two cpu fans (1 per cpu, it's a Tyan Titan pro with 2
cpus).  I don't want to overclock to 180, that pushes the bus speed down
to 60 MHz, doesn't it?

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |