Date:      Tue, 08 Aug 2000 01:26:31 -0400
From:      "Simon" <simon@optinet.com>
To:        "Mike Smith" <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: What happened?

Great to here there is a fix :-) I have another seagate drive in the same box:

da1 at ahc0 bus 0 target 1 lun 0
da1: <SEAGATE ST318436LW 0005> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-3 device
da1: 80.000MB/s transfers (40.000MHz, offset 31, 16bit), Tagged Queueing Enabled
da1: 17522MB (35885168 512 byte sectors: 255H 63S/T 2233C)

Same problem I suspect. The drive is just bigger in size. What would you suggest as the best fix for this? can I just
update the firmware? or going with a different controller is better? I doubt i have write cache turned on as the drive
seems to work much slower creating empty files than 5.4k 40 gig IDE maxtor drive (creates 10,000 empty files 10x faster
than the SCSI i got). Still not exactly sure why.

Thanks again,
Simon