Date:      Mon, 24 Sep 2001 18:35:37 +0200
From:      "Jens Greven" <jens@jensgreven.de>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Setting up an X-Server with framebuffer-device

Hi,

as I own a Dell Inspiron 800 with GeForce 2 Go graphics adapter, which is
not supported yet by the XFSVGA-driver, so the only alternative seems to be
installing the framebuffer-driver (which is said to work under linux at
least). Has anyone out there any experiences with this driver or could
someone help me setting it up?

I got the XFree86-VirtualFrameBufferServer-4.1.0.tgz,
XFree86-libraries-4.1.0.tgz and imake-4.1.0.tgz. Is this all or do I need
something else? What do I have to do now?

Any ideas welcome!

Thanks in advance,
Jens