Date:      Sun, 27 Jul 1997 13:27:23 +0100 (BST)
From:      Josef Karthauser <joe@pavilion.net>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ports/4178: Can't make the cvsup port on a non X11 system

>Number:         4178
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       The cvsup port cannot be built on a non X11 system.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.2-STABLE i386
>Environment:

	RELENG_2.2 system, with no X11 support.

	The CVSup port is dependant upon the modula 3 system.
	It appears that you cannot build modula-3-lib on a non-X11
	system because it is dependent upon libXaw.

	The CVSup port has a build time option to disable the gui
	functionality, but this doesn't help if you can't build the
	mod3 libraries to link it to.

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
	Run the staticly compiled version from hub.freebsd.org/pub/CVSup

	This isn't in my opinion a good solution for such a core system.