Date:      Sun, 29 Apr 2001 20:20:22 +0200
From:      Anders Nordby <anders@fix.no>
To:        Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
Cc:        iedowse@freebsd.org, rwatson@freebsd.org, tmm@freebsd.org, alfred@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recent RPC changes to -current

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 02:48:36PM +0200, Martin Blapp wrote:
> Can you check if this solves the drac problem in CURRENT ?
> Does drac work the way it should ? There were some flags
> actived in rpcgen, which shouldn't have been. I also modified
> your port a bit to use tirpc code and to not include netdir.h
>
> http://home.teleport.ch/freebsd/rpcgen.diff

DRAC works both as it should both with and without this. The only
practical difference I could spot is that the rpc.dracd daemon actually
detaches (!) when using a rpcgen program with these patches applied to
generate its RPC code.

Tested in:

FreeBSD current.localnet 5.0-20010420-CURRENT FreeBSD
5.0-20010420-CURRENT #0: Fri Apr 20 15:56:14 GMT 2001
root@usw2.freebsd.org:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386

(kern.osreldate: 500018)

> http://home.teleport.ch/freebsd/drac.diff

I'll use this to make a TI_RPC patch for drac in -current then, instead
of using rpcgen -b as the pathces I sent in PR ports/26545 do. Thanks.

Cheers,

--
Anders.