Date:      Fri, 14 Sep 2001 11:19:17 +0100
From:      fergus <tofergus@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: US Congress already discussing bans on strong crypto

> The only problem is that the cat is out of the bag in terms of the crypto
> technology itself - heck, wasn't it always?

what you all seem to fail to realise is that if the US makes crypto
illegal then terrorists will repect that & never use it again.  i mean
there's no way they could use crypto without freeware or licensed/sold
products - they're just camel bashers aren't they?

ok, so the rest of us lose our ability to communicate without full disclosure
to our employers, all govenment bodies & everyone in between ( i mean
who is going to decide who gets the backdoor ? ) but it's a small price to
pay to bring maniacs under control.

i mean what right do you have to privacy?  privacy is the same as secrecy &
if you've nothing to hide what are you afraid of.

	* does that seem sarcastic ? *