Date:      Tue, 02 Apr 2002 14:52:41 -0800
From:      paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SCSI tape drive recommendations?

I have a 4.5-RELEASE system and have just taken possession of an
AHA-2940 ultra scsi card: I think it's time I took a serious look
at backing stuff up. Someone gave me a tape drive that turned out
to be an floppy tape unit, unsupported under FreeBSD. So I'm
looking to do it right this time. Any either recommended units or
brands and formats?

I don't have but a few Gb of stuff to back up, 10 at the outside
for now. The most any machine will take up is 2-3 Gb. Boxes I'd
like to have backed up range from Mac OS 9/X to FreeBSD and NetBSD.
--
Paul Beard
8040 27th Ave NE

Every creature has within him the wild, uncontrollable urge to punt.