Date:      Tue, 06 May 2003 10:07:03 -0700
From:      "Jin Guojun [NCS]" <j_guojun@lbl.gov>
To:        joe mcguckin <joe@via.net>
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel GigE and copper PHY supported?

joe mcguckin wrote:

> I'd like to use the TYAN Trinity GC-SL motherboard with on-board GigE
> (copper). Does anyone know if this is supported? Has anyone used this board
> with 4.X?
>
> Thanks,

Do not have direct use of this motherboard. We have some similar M/Bs
from SuperMicro (same chipset and same GigE NICs).

General M/B performance is good. The GigE is not too pleasure.
The Incoming TCP is about 350 Mb/s, and out going TCP is only 270,
which is limited by interrupt (98% CPU -- 2.8 GHz -- used for interrupt).
Either the driver or the Intel NIC is not functioning properly, but we do not
have time to investigate.

    -Jin