Date:      Sat, 1 May 2021 05:54:30 +0200
From:      Peter Libassi <peter@libassi.se>
To:        Andrew Reilly <areilly@bigpond.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Congratulations on the stable/13 release!

> 1 maj 2021 kl. 03:45 skrev Andrew Reilly <areilly@bigpond.net.au>:
>=20
> In case anyone's interested: for this morning's software maintenance=20=

> session (at home) I upgraded my file server from FreeBSD stable/12
> to the recently released stable/13.  =46rom source, in-place, on a
> running, on-line system.  Despite the fact that the entire ZFS
> subsystem has been replaced, which is what caused me to wait for a
> couple of weeks, the upgrade appears to have been flawless.  Not a
> single error message on boot-up.  Not a single failed service.
> Everything is working perfectly.  Zpool status told me that I should
> upgrade the pools, and did: that turned on a dozen or so new features
> that I'm sure are useful.  Total downtime about a minute or so:
> just the time it took to reboot.  I'm amazed.  Good on the FreeBSD
> developers and (especially) the release engineers!
>=20
> cd /usr/src
> git switch stable/13
> make -s -j20 buildworld kernel
> mergemaster -p
> make -s installworld
> mergemaster -U
> shutdown -r now
>=20
> zpool status
> zpool upgrade backup20
> zpool upgrade root
> zpool upgrade tank
>=20
> Done!
>=20
> Cheers,
>=20
> Andrew
>=20

I will join the gratulations! I=E2=80=99ve also upgraded my home NAS =
server and my remote Backup server without a glitch including upgrade of =
ZFS and all ports. Everything now works as on 12.2.

freebsd-update -r 13.0-RELEASE upgrade
/usr/sbin/freebsd-update install
fix /etc/ssh/sshd_conf
shutdown -r now