Date:      01 Oct 1996 07:02:49 +0200
From:      Peter Mutsaers <plm@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: isdn code

>> On Tue, 1 Oct 1996 11:30:29 +0900 (JST), Michael Hancock
>> <michaelh@cet.co.jp> said:

    MH> The Teles driver only supports HDLC and does not support PPP,
    MH> though I think they are working on PPP support.  I think most
    MH> FreeBSD Teles Users in Germany prefer HDLC because it has less
    MH> overhead than PPP, so most of the effort goes there.  This
    MH> doesn't help for those who need to connect to other vendors
    MH> devices that are most likely use PPP.

In the Netherlands (where ISDN has become very popular) you almost
always need syncPPP; sometimes X.75 will do too. AFAIK noone uses the
ISDN code in /usr/src, but a separate distribution called bisdn. It
supports the Teles, but no syncPPP or X.75 yet (which means it's
useless for me and most others in the Netherlands).

--
Peter Mutsaers  |  Abcoude (Utrecht), |  Trust is a good quality
plm@xs4all.nl   |  the Netherlands    |  for other people to have