Date:      Sun, 23 Jun 2002 16:33:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      murat demirbas <demirbas@cis.ohio-state.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Soundcard freezes after a suspend...

I managed to install FreeBSD 4.5 on my Thinkpad T20 a few days ago...
I am enjoying the ride... Wireless support is awesome...
Everything is almost perfect...

I configured APM so I can suspend my laptop...
However, when I resume the laptop, the soundcard freezes...

I get the following error when I attempt to play XMMS:
bash-2.05a#
** WARNING **: oss_open(): Failed to open audio device (/dev/dsp): Device busy

I couldn't figure out the problem... My soundcard works fine when I
reboot the system but freezes again after the first suspend...

Can anybody suggest a quick fix? I won't mind entering a few commands to restart snd device...

More information on my system:
I configured soundcard my putting "device pcm" in my Kernel.conf
My soundcard is CS46xx
Yes, I disabled "PCI bus sleep mode" from BIOS

Thanks a lot,
\murat