Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 1997 19:50:17 +0200
From:      Mark Huizer <xaa@stack.nl>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp changes - problem with connections to FreeBSD machine :-(

I haven't had much time to track the exact changes to ppp in userland
and in the kernel lately, but all I know, is that something is messy on
my machine since I did a made world after a month.

The problem is that all connections work quite allright, except ftp'ing
(always stops after appr. 10K or 20K), and telnet connections to FreeBSD
machines (both 2.2-stable and a snapshot from 2 weeks ago). The
connection will just stall for about 40 seconds or a minute, and then
give some response, then stalll whatever.

This happens when I connect to our dialinserver on the university, and
also when I dialin and rlogin to another machine (FreeBSD) to use a
ppp-tunnel.

Can this relate to some IP fragmentation problem or some MTU problem?

Greetings,

Mark
- Mark Huizer  - xaa@stack.nl     - rcbamh@urc.tue.nl                   -
- Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so (D. Gently)			-