Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 1995 22:53:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A moment in the life of ftp.cdrom.com

On Mon, 2 Oct 1995, Warner Losh wrote:

> I've had *HORRIBLE* problems getting 2.0.6 to do the job, and 2.1.1
> won't compile and linnk for me. :-(.  Gotta grab some curses thing or
> another...

    Unless I've been installing packages in my sleep *<;-), the
ncurses in 950726 works just fine.  I have the full-screen interface
junk turned off by default though, so maybe that's the difference.  I
also edited the link line in the Makefile to include -lreadline,
-lncurses, -ltermcap and -lcurses.  2.1.1 builds and runs just fine
like that.  There's even a port for it, I believe.

    I don't think it will delete extraneous files (real 'mirror' can
do that), but if you're faced with a huge directory hierarchy where
only a smattering of files are updated, ncftp2's "get -R" command
works quite well.  I'm handing it off to a friend who maintains the
Linux mirror on ftp.io.org so he can try it out (he can't get it to
build correctly on his Linux machine, neener neener neener!).  :)
--
Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
System Administrator, Internex Online Inc.