Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 21:01:16 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@MX.BA-Stuttgart.De>
To:        ormonde@trem.cnt.org.br (Rodrigo Ormonde)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with xview

> Hello.
>
>   I'm not sure if this problem is related with FreeBSD or XFree, but I'd
> be glad if
> someone could help me.
>
>   I've just installed FreeBSD 2.2.2 on a new machine. Everything is
> running fine,
> except that *ALL* programs that use the xview library show the following
> error messages:
>
> bash-2.00$clock
> xview: Notifer error: Bad File Number
> xview: Notifer error: Bad File Number
> xview: Notifer error: Bad File Number
> xview: Notifer error: Bad File Number
> xview: Notifer error: Bad File Number
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

This is a fixed after 2.2.2 was released. So you either get the
latest port and recompile the xview lib (this will take some time
to compile) or you get the latest package and install it
(this will take some download time)

The package can be found on the nearest FreeBSD ftp mirror in
FreeBSD/packages-stable. The port in FreeBSD/ports.

Wolfgang