Date:      Sun, 9 Jan 2000 03:30:07 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: apache 1.3.6 or apache 1.3.6 + PHP

Peter Kok <cckok00@stlinux.ouhk.edu.hk> wrote in list.freebsd-questions:
 > I removed apache 1.3.6 and installed apache + PHP
 > but their configuration is different!
 >
 > apache 1.3.6
 > DocumentRoot "/usr/local/www/data"
 >
 > apache 1.3.6. + PHP
 > DocumentRoot "/usr/local/share/apache/htdocs"

By the way:  The current version (in the ports) is 1.3.9, and
it uses /usr/local/share/apache/htdocs in either case.

 > I now is apache 1.3.6 + PHP.
 > Could I change the DocumentRoot and it works perfertly?

Yes.  Just change it in the httpd.conf (it was renamed to
apache.conf in 1.3.9, I don't know if it was still httpd.conf
in 1.3.6).  Type ``apachectl restart'' after the modification.

Regards
   Oliver

PS:  This is really an Apache question and belongs in some
Apache mailing list or newsgroup...

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)