Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 1997 10:36:41 -0500
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org, Michael Petry <petry@netwolf.NetMasters.com>, Richard Tobin <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>, Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>, Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>, Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>, Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>, Thomas Arnold <tom@inna.net>
Subject:   Re: bt848-user video card survey

I'm using a #9 Motion 771 video board, with 4MB of VRAM.  It's based on
the S3-968, and mine has an IBM 220MHz RAMDAC on-board.  I'm told that
there are differing RAMDACs on the these boards, depending on OEM version
or not, but I've not observed it.

I'm running the board at 1152x900, at a 110MHz dot clock.  According to
xvidtune, I'm running 73.92 kHz horizontal refresh, 79.57 Hz vertical
refresh rate.

The XFree86 3.2 version of the X server support 32 bits per pixel (8/8/8),
which I think precludes 1280x1024.  I think that future versions will
support the 24 bits per pixed packed mode, but we'll need to fix up the
brooktree driver to accomodate that..

Obviously, the PCI to PCI bus transfer from my Wincast/TV works pretty
well.  The Win95 drivers are also pretty nifty.

louie

i'm running with a 79.57 Hz vertical refresh, 7