Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 1997 23:41:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jamie <mistwolf@ds9.lesn.lehigh.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG (freebsd-questions)
Subject:   Installation

Greetings,

Recently, I downloaded a copy of FreeBSD (3.0-current). After making the
appropriate boot instaall disk, and booting, I get the kernel
configuration screen. After going through thhat and setting it to my
system (Incidentally, its a generic Pentium motherboard with a Cyric
P-166+ CPU, 16M ram, 2.02G IDE hard drive primary, 1.2G HD secondary HD
with a GoldStar CD-ROM. ATI video card, USR modem, Windows Sound Source
sound card. Adaptec 1522A SCSI controller... Ummm... That about coevers
it..)

Anyway, after I exit the kernal config, the screen goes blank and nothing
happens. Ive tried re-making the boot disk on a differnt disk, and so on,
but I cannot get a response after that pointl.

Any ideas what causes this?

MW

|The shadows of life cover the sunlight of the soul, and block out the|
|radiance that all have within them, leaving only darkness behind.    |
|mistwolf@ds9.lesn.lehigh.edu | mistwolf@netcom.com | mistwolf@io.com |