Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 2002 22:27:51 +0200
From:      Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
To:        Karen Nilsen <knilsen@legacycard.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Link to expresspcb.com [was empty]

Hi Karen!

> I came across your website while surfing for information on
> layout software. Would you consider linking to Express PCB
> http://www.expresspcb.com ?
>
> ExpressPCB has PC board layout software and PC board manu-
> facturing services.
>
> The ExpressPCB CAD software runs with Windows 95, 98, Me, NT,
> 2000 or XP. We recommend that your computer have a 100Mhz or
> better CPU with an 800x600 or better color display.
>
> The PC board service manufactures very high quality double-
> sided boards with plated-through holes. The service is very
> fast and economical. Most orders are shipped the next busi-
> ness day and for as little as $59.

First of all, I'm no spokesman for the FreeBSD project, and can
therefore not decide if your company should be on the FreeBSD
website or not, but will make a suggestion.

Take a look at:
http://www.freebsd.org/commercial/software_bycat.html

If you port your software to be used with a real :-) OS (FreeBSD),
as opposed to M$ Windows, then you probably can be on that list.

As for now, when you only offer your product to run on M$ Windows,
I can not think of any good reason why the FreeBSD project people
should put a link from their site to the company you represent.

Also, if porting the application to FreeBSD, you should be able to
quite easily port it to, for an example, Linux, and the market will
be even greater for your application. Think of it... Targeting M$
Windows, FreeBSD (and then maybe easily too NetBSD and OpenBSD),
Linux, AIX, IRIX, SunOS, MacOS X, that's quite of a market you
have there.

Just a suggestion, but maybe something the company you represent
should think of.

Best regards,
Paul