Date:      Thu, 06 Dec 2007 21:29:06 +0100
From:      "Markus Dolze" <bsdfan@nurfuerspam.de>
To:        tmclaugh@sdf.lonestar.org
Cc:        freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ITuner picoLCD 20x2 support

Hello,

I just read your post to the freebsd-embedded mailing list in November,

The picolcd driver available in the 'current' version of lcdproc has been fixed to work with FreeBSD for some time now. It will be included and built by default in version 0.5.3 of lcdproc.

However, I reveived feedback from one user trying to use picolcd on FreeBSD without success because the device is recognized as an 'uhid' device and therefore lcdproc cannot attach its driver to it.

One solution would be to include the picolcd device in the 'quirks' section of the USB driver, but this requires a kernel re-compile. I don't know if it's possible (and if how to) detach the device from 'uhid'.

You may try lcdproc-current with the USB modification. I'm always happy about feedback (wether working or not).

Regards,
Markus Dolze
lcdproc's port maintainer