Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2001 12:48:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org, pth3k@virginia.edu
Subject:   Re: dhclient errors with Cisco 340

>From: Ty Hoeffer <pth3k@virginia.edu>
>Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 15:40:09 -0400

>	I'v been trying to get my Cisco 340 card to work with my Dell Lattitude CPX.

What OS (-STABLE, -CURRENT; how old) are you running on it?

>	My IBM Ethernet II PCMCIA card works just fing but I keep getting:

>Jul 5 15:37:40 daishi /kernel: looutput: af=0 unexpected
>Jul 5 15:37:40 daishi /kernel: looutput: af=0 unexpected
>Jul 5 15:37:40 daishi dhclient: send_packet: Address family not supported by
>protocol family
>Jul 5 15:37:40 daishi dhclient: send_packet: Address family not supported by
>protocol family
>Jul 5 15:37:40 daishi dhclient: send_packet: Address family not supported by
>protocol family

>	A delay & then again all over.

>	Has anyone seen this? Am I overlooking something?

I think I recall having seen it, using an old(er) version of the an
driver and a 340 that had had its firmware upgraded.

I believe that the fixes for this were among those MFCed around 22 June.

Cheers,
david
As a computing professional, I believe it would be unethical for me to
advise, recommend, or support the use (save possibly for personal
amusement) of any product that is or depends on any Microsoft product.