Date:      Mon, 4 Aug 1997 09:58:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Randy Katz <randyk@ccsales.com>
To:        Don Wilde <don@PartsNow.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mirroring and NETCON

I used Netcon in the past with SCO. It works very well. There were a few
problems but they probably have them ironed out by now (that was 2 years
ago). The product was more expensive though.

On Mon, 4 Aug 1997, Don Wilde wrote:

> Is there any support for disk mirroring and / or duplexing in the
> FreeBSD core set or a port? I have run across a package that claims to
> make FreeBSD function as a Netware replacement. (http://www.netcon.com)
> Since I use FreeBSD on all my 'outside' systems (web f/w, mail, etc.), I
> would like to replace the Novell system with FBSD. I was refused in a
> management DR because it was felt that PC users could not navigate unix,
> but if I can lift the hood and slip this in underneath, I can be rid of
> the Novell server admin at least, which strikes me as verymuchso
> reminiscent of COBOL. The Netcon package purports to be able to replace
> the server functionality. Does anybody have experience with it???
> --
>   oooOOO O O O o * * *  *   *   *
>  V_=_=_DW ===--- Don Wilde [don@PartsNow.com] [http://www.PartsNow.com ]
> /oo0000oo-oo--oo-ooo---ooo-ooo---ooo-ooo--ooo-ooo---ooo-ooo---ooo-oo--oo

RAK

Randy A. Katz
Computer Consultation & Sales
505 S. Beverly Drive, Suite 472			       Beverly Hills, CA  90212
(213) 307-9581					       http://www.ccsales.com