Date:      Sat, 01 Mar 1997 21:43:57 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Snob Art Genre <ben@narcissus.ml.org>
Cc:        Brian Tao <taob@risc.org>, "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>, FREEBSD-CHAT-L <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: RSA 56-bit key challenge

Check out :

 Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 09:00:04 -0600 (CST)
 From: Prisoner <spatula@gulf.net>
 To: freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
 Subject: RC5 RSA contest thing

Hi all,

   So a lot of us from #freeBSD are participating in the RSA 56 bit key
cracking contest, and it would be really neat if a lot more FreeBSD types
joined in with us.  The details can be found at  http://www.vex.net/rsa/
for the team we are participating on.

   If you have a box with some CPU to spare, please join our effort.

   Nick

--
This is not sport, this is MURDER!
  - some stupid animal rights woman in Sarasota screaming outside a

>From The Desk Of Snob Art Genre :
> On Sat, 1 Mar 1997, Amancio Hasty wrote:
>

> > Yeap,
> >
> > If the PC has fast EDO or SDRAM it should be possible. I am pretty sure
> > that the processor is starving for memory bandwith.
> >
> > Now a quad PPro equip with fast SDRAM will be something wild to watch 8)
> >

> > Again, anyone out there with a  fast PPRO with fast EDO (60 ns or better)..
. ??