Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 2003 22:46:13 +0000
From:      Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>
To:        Colin Percival <colin.percival@wadham.ox.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCO Lawsuits, round 2

--IuhbYIxU28t+Kd57

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 10:30:39PM +0000, Colin Percival wrote:
> At 13:33 19/11/2003 -0800, Chip McClure wrote:
> >Anyone happen to have a look at Slashdot recently? Happen to wander acro=
ss
> >an article on the next round of lawsuits, targetting the BSD community.
> >
> >IMO, SCO's grabbing at straws, and they're sinking fast.
> >
> >http://www.newsforge.com/business/03/11/18/1742216.shtml?tid=3D2&tid=3D8=
2&tid=3D85&tid=3D94
>=20
>   Personally, I read this as "the SCO-is-evil crowd is grasping at straws=
".
>=20
> McBride said:
> >But more importantly, what we are announcing today is a substantial numb=
er=20
> >of copyright issues that relate to a settlement agreement that is alread=
y=20
> >in place around the BSD settlement from the 1994 time frame. As we move=
=20
> >forward, we will be outlining those issues
>=20
>   I don't know how people get from there to "SCO is about to sue BSD"; al=
l=20
> he's saying is that someone has stolen code which *isn't* BSD -- code whi=
ch=20
> the settlement agreed belonged to AT&T (err, Novell).

=46rom http://www.atnewyork.com/news/article.php/3110981:

"I agree that the more yarn you pull out the more you see," McBride said
during a press briefing at the inaugural Enterprise IT Week at cdXpo
Conference here. "We have enough sorted out, but we are so focused on
the [IBM litigation]. With our limited energies and what our guys are
going through, we probably won't file any suits against BSD until
sometime in the first half of next year."=20

Ceri

--=20

--IuhbYIxU28t+Kd57

--IuhbYIxU28t+Kd57--