Date:      Wed, 22 May 1996 11:52:14 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Cc:        root@totum.plaut.de (Michael Reifenberger)
Subject:   Re: Missing functions in FreeBSD.

As Michael Reifenberger wrote:

> Could we integrate a dump termio.h with wrappers to the termios
> functions/structures into the sourcetree (a'la malloc.h)?

Doesn't make much sense (and strictly spoken, termios is not
downgradable to termio, since termio doesn't support the concept of
distinct input and output speeds -- but neither does our hardware ;).

Converting something from termio to the Posix-blessed termios is
usually done in less than half an hour.  The biggest difference aside
from the appended `s' is usually that you gotta replace the ioctl
cruft by tcgetattr()/tcsetattr(), and the speed stuff by cfsetspeed().

If your application requires more than half an hour to convert it,
it's perhaps better to rewrite it instead. :-)

--
cheers, J"org