Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 1996 17:02:40 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        mario@thexfilez.directn.com (The Page Master(root))
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: BOOT

> For some reason after installing on my Drive E:.. When i boot It
> only gives me an option to boot to dos.. ANd not BSD.. Why?

This is the wrong list.

The problem is because the boot manager expects that only drives
0x80 (C:) and 0x81 (D:) will be accessable through the INT 13
interface it uses to load the second stage boot for the bootable
OS's you have installed.

You would need a hacked INT 13 BIOS to handle drives other than C:
and D:, and you would need a boot selector hacked to know about
your hacked BIOS.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---