Date:      Wed, 09 Oct 1996 00:27:43 -0700
From:      Steven Wallace <swallace@ece.uci.edu>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bugs with syn and mountd in latest snap

mountd is actually okay, although my problem was that the
loopback lo0 interface did not get started up at boot time.

The reason was that the gethostname reslover, I have
"domain ece.uci.edu" in /etc/resolv.conf.  That should search ece.uci.edu
then uci.edu, as the man page says and 2.1.5R did.  However,
it now only searches ece.uci.edu.  Did someone change the behavior
and if so, why?

As a result, localhost.uci.edu was not being found and the lo0 interface
not ifconfiged.  Is mountd suppose to hang if loopback not up?  Why?

Steven