Date:      Fri, 7 Jan 2000 12:51:22 -0800
From:      Ron Rosson <insane@lunatic.oneinsane.net>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netgear coming up as linksys

On Fri, 07 Jan 2000, Mike Smith was heard blurting out:

> > I am running 3.3-R +PAO on my laptop. (Thank You for the hard work) with
> > everything working the only thing that is odd is that I have a Netgear
> > FA410TXc but the system comes up with this:
> >
> > Card inserted, slot 1
> > card1: assign ed0 iobase 0x240 irq 3
> > ed0: address 00:e0:98:72:e8:19, type Linksys (16 bit)
> >
> > Anyone know why it does not show as a Netgear?
>
> Because the adapter is of the same type as a Linksys adapter.  They're
> probably using a third-party device of some sort, but I like mine too
> much to rip it apart and find out whose.
>
> Aren't you happy that it works?

Yes.. I love my laptop running FreeBSD.. Kinda itchy for 4.0 to see if I
will be able to use that nad not have to worry about PAO.. Track stable
4.0 baby is what I am hoping for.  ;-)

TIA
Ron Rosson              	... and a UNIX user said ...
The InSaNe One                 		   rm -rf *
insane@oneinsane.net      	and all was /dev/null and *void()