Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:16:20 +0900
From:      Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: http://www.freebsd.org/docs/, /FAQ/, /handbook/, and others

At 14 Mar 2001 19:09:50 GMT,
nik wrote:
> The patch uses symlinks, but since these are links to files (note: *not*
> directories, which drew the most ire a few weeks ago) these could easily
> be made hardlinks instead.

To reduce multiple results from search engine, this approach is same
as previsou one (directory symlink).  I think what Wosch want to say
is symlinking file is *less* evil than symlinking directory because it
affects only few URLs.  If you symlinking every file in directory, it
may be same result as directory symlink.

I want to understand your plan of directory hierachy on web.  Current
structure is:

/			English top
/handbook/		English Handbook
/docs/en/books/handbook/		English Handbook
/docs/en/articles/committers-guide/	English Committer's Guide
/ja/			Japanese top
/ja/handbook/		Japanese Handbook

So, if we can forget old URL and redirects (of cource it's assumption
:-), what structure you want to use?

We should consider how to use language identifier in URL.

--
Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp> // IMG SRC, Inc.
             <kuriyama@FreeBSD.org> // FreeBSD Project