Date:      Thu, 11 Apr 2002 15:30:18 -0700
From:      Benjamin Krueger <benjamin@macguire.net>
To:        Roger Marquis <marquis@roble.com>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Centralized authentication

* Roger Marquis (marquis@roble.com) [020411 08:26]:
> faSty <fasty@i-sphere.com> wrote:
> >I dont see any NIS or NIS+ on handbook. I tried setup the NIS+
> >and I am not experience with these feature. anyone can point
> >where the HOWTO NIS or NIS+?
>
> Try a web search (via Google or any other search engine).  I found
> several good links from a query using "nis" and "howto".  There's
> also 'man -k yp' or, more specifically `man -k yp|grep ^yp'.
>
> `man ypinit` might be a good place to start.
>
> --
> Roger Marquis
> Roble Systems Consulting
> http://www.roble.com/

Folks following this discussion might also be interested in the following
article which describes a mechanism for authenticating unix clients in an
Active Directory environment.

http://online.securityfocus.com/infocus/1563

--
Benjamin Krueger

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about."
- Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)